Monday, March 16, 2015

IN THE VAULT 03/16/2015


This week's featured artist is a request from my nephew.

I saw Morphine while working in Nashville back in the mid nineties as park of the city's summer concert on the riverfront series. One of the benefits of my eleven years as an auditor...some pretty cool travel. 

I had never heard of the band before, but was drawn to their unique sound, and began collecting their music.

Sadly, frontman Mark Sandman would die of a heart attck a few years later at the far-too-young age of 46.

Let me know what you think of this...




4 comments:

  1. I had to listen to this a few times to acquire the taste (the deep, subtleness of his voice combined with those blaring horns) but it's grown on me immensely. It's not like anything I've heard before, and definitely in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first exposure was a live show, but by the end of it I was thinking, "this is pretty cool."

      Delete
  2. I like the sound. Raunchy horns and solid percussion. The vocal is smooth and dark--kind of Morrisey sounding.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, because you have to be careful when people refer to Morrisey-he sounds nothing like Bill Morrissey!

      Delete

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?