Monday, June 8, 2015

IN THE VAULT 06/08/2015

Born Rolf Magnus Joakim Larson in Stockholm Sweden, he rose to fame as Joey Tempest, the lead singer of the band Europe, the voice behind 80's MTV hits such as "The Final Countdown," "Superstitious," and the power ballad "Carrie."

Europe disbanded in 1992, and Tempest released the first of three solo albums, A Place To Call Home, in 1995.





A PLACE TO CALL HOME




UNDER THE INFLUENCE



DON'T GO CHANGING ON ME



Check out the rest in the Vault!

PS-Europe reunited for a 1999 New Year's Eve show which led to the band recording and touring through the present day, releasing ten additional albums.

3 comments:

  1. This isn't quite my cup of tea. It's a little more country than I like, but good for him for branching away from Europe to do something different. I may not love it, but I like it better than I like Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Europe-have a bit of a soft spot for those hair bands and their power ballads (guilty pleasure), but I loved this one when it came out-I thought Tempest really came up with a solid batch of well written songs that were far more diverse in style than what had been done by the band.

      Delete
  2. Slick production with a very commercial sound. No surprise considering his background.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Road trippin' with A to Z
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?