Friday, August 19, 2016

LET ME GET BY




What do you get when a Massachusetts-born Berklee College of Music grad who spent a decade and a half building a blues resume takes up with a slide guitar progeny who is the offspring of (and was  a member of in his own right) a founding member of the Allman Brothers Band?

I guess that would be the Tedeschi Trucks Band, who dropped their third studio effoit early this year (with an edition on Amazon featuring a bonus CD) and deliver a sonic feast that few ensembles can do any better.




Romantic as the marriage of Susan and Derek may be, the marriage of Tedeschi's voice and Truck's guitar work is truly one made in heaven that no one should be allowed to put asunder. 


Loosely translated you two, that means you gotta stay together for the fans! 

The lead track, "Anyhow," starts life as a subdued ballad and slowly builds, showcasing both of the pair's strengths without drowning out the rest of the band.





Allman influences abound, as well as echoes of Tedeschi's prior life. Another highlight for me is "Don't Know What It Means."    




A solid effort that builds on the prior releases.




    

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving the Tedeschi Trucks Band! Thanks for highlighting another new-to-me group. Just goes to show, I should get my head out of the 60s and 70s, yes? Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I am firmly rooted in the same two decades, there is good music out there from today if you search for it. Spotify has a discovery playlist that I like quite a bit.

      Delete
    2. I know. Too bad one has to dig deep to find it, though. I will check out that Discovery playlist. Thanks!

      Delete

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?